Minds Matter serves high-achieving low income high school students by preparing them for college success (100% college acceptance).
High school students are admitted as sophomores and spend three years in the program, receiving:
- Free SAT prep courses from our professional partners (Catalyst and Kaplan)
- Weekly 2-hour mentorship from two dedicated young professionals
- Paid for attendance at college summer programs at leading universities
- 3-year writing, public speaking, and professional development program
- Expert guidance from our affiliate college preparatory partners
- Full support in the college application process
Students must have approximately a 3.5 GPA or above and qualify for free/reduced lunch. Exceptions to these requirements are considered on an individual basis.
Each student attends Saturday morning sessions for four hours. Given the program's rigor and focused resources, Minds Matter only admits a select group of students who are highly motivated to attend college and are willing to work hard.
Applications for the 2014-2015 Academic School Year are now closed.