Washington University in St. Louis - Summer Scholars
The Summer Business Institute (SBI) program is LEAD’s longest running Summer Institute and is considered the “flagship” program. The SBI program exposes scholars to business principles and the skill sets needed for successful business careers. The program challenges them through applied learning experiences often facilitated by college professors, links scholars to corporate executives in business fields and peers with similar aspirations and abilities.
During LEAD SBIs, scholars reside and attend classes on-campus at a select number of the nation’s top business schools for three or four weeks. SBIs provide diverse, high-achieving rising high school seniors the opportunity to explore finance, entrepreneurship, accounting and marketing, among other business sectors.
The goal of the SBI is to expose scholars early in their academic development to the innumerable career opportunities in business. The program equips them with knowledge and expertise from our nation’s leading universities and corporations, empowering LEAD scholars to confidently make better informed decisions when choosing their university and career.
The objectives of a LEAD Summer Business Institute are to:
- Engage scholars in an intense, hands-on curriculum incorporating case studies, business plans and team projects
- Provide scholars with first-hand knowledge from business professionals through mentoring and corporate site visits
- Develop scholars’ presentation and public speaking skills
- Impart principles of responsible leadership
- Engage scholars in cultural and social activities
- Prepare scholars for college
Program Website: http://summerexperiences.wustl.edu/scholars
Specialization(s): General College Prep, STEM
Location: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
Duration: 5 - 8 weeks. Multiple sessions available.
Financial Aid: Necessary. Check http://summerexperiences.wustl.edu/summer-scholars-fees
Fee Waiver: No. There is no application fee if submitted before February 15.