Minds Matter of San Francisco is a 100% volunteer-run organization. Our team is comprised of approximately 150 young professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are always looking for passionate, committed volunteers to join our team.
Join as a Mentor: As a mentor, you will work with your co-mentor and mentee each Saturday throughout the school year from 12PM-2PM. Your role is to provide guidance to high achieving, low-income high school students by assisting them with summer program applications, academics, and college preparation.
Join the Executive Team: The Executive Team is comprised of a Fundraising, Marketing, Operations, Partnerships, Programming and Internal Community teams. The Team supports the organization's strategy, growth, and day to day operations.
Applications for Mentor positions and Executive Team positions for the 2014-2015 Academic School Year will open on Saturday, March 1st, 2014.
To receive updates about volunteer opportunities, please fill out this form.
To learn more about the organization, come meet us in person! We will be hosting -
- Recruiting Happy Hours: Meet current mentors and executive team members to learn more about the organization. Happy Hours will be held the following days -
- Thursday, February 20th, 5:30-8:30PM at The Republic(Scott Street, San Francisco, CA)
- Wednesday, February 26th, 6-8:30PM at Lush Lounge(Polk Street, San Francisco, CA)
- Thursday, March 13th, 5:30-8:30PM at The Republic (Scott Street, San Francisco, CA)
- Thursday, March 27th, 6-8:30PM at Lush Lounge (Polk Street, San Francisco, CA)
Saturday Mentor Session Visits: Experience first-hand what our mentor volunteers do every Saturday at Mentor Session Visits. We will be holding session visits the below dates. If interested, e-mail us at MMSFSessionVisits2014@gmail.com and we will send along more details.
Saturday, February 22nd, 11:45AM-12:45PM
Saturday, March 1st, 11:45AM-12:45PM
Saturday, March 8th, 11:45AM-12:45PM
Saturday, March 15th, 11:45AM-12:45PM