If you missed session...
- Practice close/deep reading and reflective discussions.
- Introduce public speaking--specifically the 'performance' and presentation aspects
Trio Check-in (12:30 - 12:40pm)
- How was the week!?
- Weekly Goal Check-in
- What work did we complete? What did we accomplish towards the goals we set?
- What do we plan to do next week?
Close Read & Discussion (12:40 - 1:15pm)
- Take 10-15 minutes to read the article on politics & protests in sports
- Mentors and mentees spend additional minutes writing down their thoughts
- What is the main point you think the author is trying to make?
- What evidence does the author use to support his main point?
- What are the opposing points of view discussed in the article?
- What resonates with you?
- What do you disagree with?
- Do you think the author approaches this topic with a balanced & fair perspective? Why?
- What do you think of politics in sports?
- Do you have any questions?
- Take 10-15 minutes to discuss first in small groups and then full group the opinions and perspectives of the room.
Introduction to Public Speaking (1:15 - 2:00pm)
Flex Time! (2:00 - 2:30pm)
- Options include:
- Begin working on your public speaking exercise
- Work in your trios to keep brainstorming around summer programs.
- What do you want to pursue?
- Closing: Logistics and Announcements