If you missed session...
- Practice close/deep reading and reflective discussions.
- Learn more about what it takes to get into college, and how that should affect our priorities and work this year.
Trio Check-in (12:30 - 12:40pm)
- How was the week!?
- Weekly Goal Check-in
- What work did we complete? What did we accomplish towards the goals we set?
- What do we plan to do next week?
Deep Read & Discussion (12:40 - 1:15pm)
- Take 10-15 minutes to read the article on Making High School more like Kindergarten
- Mentors and mentees spend additional minutes writing down their thoughts
- What do you think is the main argument the author is making?
- Did anything surprise you?
- Do you feel like your school has (had) any kindergarten in it?
- Do you have any questions?
- Take 10-15 minutes to discuss first in small groups and then full group the opinions and perspectives of the room.
What are Colleges looking for? (1:15 - 2:00pm)
Trio Planning & Brainstorming for Summer Programs! (2:00 - 2:30pm)
- Work in your trios to keep brainstorming around summer programs.
- What do you want to pursue?
- Closing: Logistics and Announcements