If you missed session...
- Reflect on your summer program (ideally with your mentors). Use some of the questions in the Summer Program Reflection section below to guide you.
- Review the presentation to learn more about the goal for this year's Junior Summer Experience.
- Set 3 academic and 3 personal goals for the year using the S.M.A.R.T. goal framework.
- Start planning a trio outing--consider one that may help you accomplish one of your personal goals!
- Use a combination of all these exercises to start brainstorming ideas for what you want to do this coming summer for the Junior Summer Experience
- Reflect on Summer Programs and how it worked for you
- Looking ahead to this year’s summer programs
- Planning effectively for Junior Year to meet your goals
Trio Check-in (12:30 - 12:45pm)
- How are things going?
- What did you learn in your instruction?
Summer Program Reflection (12:45 - 1:15pm)
- In trios, have a discussion of the high’s and low’s of your program.
- What were the best parts of your program this summer? Why?
- What were the most challenging aspects?
- What are you most excited about? What did you learn?
- In small groups (discretion of the pod leader how large/small) take turns having mentees share their thoughts.
- What themes do we see?
- What advice would we give to the sophomores?
Junior Summer Experience Intro (1:15 - 1:45pm)
- Pod Leaders explain the new summer programs model for next year (see Presentation)
- What is our vision for this summer?
- What is the role of the mentor and the mentee in making this happen?
- What does the timeline look like?
- Q & A / Discussion
- Trios talk and discuss ideas - brainstorm a preliminary list, and use these questions as prompts:
- What are you most interested in learning more about this year?
- If you could study anything this year, what would it be?
Goal Setting & Planning (1:45pm - 2:30pm)
- Pod Leaders re-introduce S.M.A.R.T goals to mentors and mentees
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
- Measurable (meaningful, motivational)
- Achievable (agreed, attainable)
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
- Mentees set goals for the year in their trios
- (At least) 3 'academic' or school related & 3 personal goals
- Review goals to make sure they are SMART goals
- Group Discussion
- Share out some of the goals you set!
- What do we need to do this year in MMSF to help you accomplish this goals?