Come to session prepared to...
- Attend College fair, visit at least 5 schools, and prepare 3-4 questions to ask
- Deliver your monologue during session (if you missed last week)
- Sign-up for date for your trio to lead a close/deep read
- Continue brainstorming on summer experience ideas
- Deliver monologues: focus on the delivery ('performance' and presentation aspects of public speaking)
- Continue preparation for Summer Experience
- Attend college fair to get a sense of types of schools you may be interested in
Trio Check-in (12:30 - 12:40pm)
- How was the week!?
- Weekly Goal Check-in
- What work did we complete? What did we accomplish towards the goals we set?
- What do we plan to do next week?
- Practice/rehearse your monologue (if necessary)
Monologues--if necessary (12:40 - 1:15pm)
- Deliver monologues (for those who weren't at session last week)
- Give feedback to the speaker
- What did they do well?
- What are areas for improvement?
- Discuss common challenges as a class
- If this concludes early, move to flex time. If more time needed, skip flex time.
Flex Time! (1:15 - 1:45pm)
- T-SHIRT DESIGN VOTE!
- Options include:
- Come up with a plan/questions for the College Fair
- Work in your trios to keep brainstorming around summer programs
- What do you want to pursue?
- Close/deep read topic brainstorming / article searching
College Fair (1:45 - 2:30pm)
- Speak with at least 5 schools (at least 1 UC, 1 CSU, 1 private school, 1 out-of-state)
- Ask your prepared questions to get a better sense of what the school is like
- Post-College Fair Reflection
- Reflect on what you are looking for in a university, your likes/dislikes of what you heard, and start to formulate your preferences
- Be prepared to share/discuss best takeaways from College Fair as a pod next week